This is ME, take it or leave it...

Saturday, April 09, 2011

My foggy mind

So last night at bedtime (around midnight-which it should of probably been way earlier) I took a gravol to help me sleep, cause even though it was so late, I was wired and I wasn't really tired. Well it must of worked cause I didn't hear anything ALL night.

I get woken up this morning to the phone. (9:45 am. Jay let me sleep in). It's the VON. (the nurse who's supposed to come over and remove some type of dressing that's way up my wooha-and only 4 cm at a time...the funny thing about that...I can't see or feel ANYTHING that has to be removed) The girl on the phone is the girl who calls people FOR the nurses. She doesn't seem professional because she kept drifting off of what she was saying.  And she wasn't really answering any of my valid questions. (I did JUST have surgery after all)


She basically said this "well we don't have any nurse available for you today, but probably tomorrow morning". I say "well they didn't attempt to remove anything yesterday because they knew u were coming today." She said "here I'll pass you to a nurse". As she's doing that I'm thinking to myself *if there's a nurse there now, doing nothing why can't she come over*.


The nurse gets on and says "your nurse will call you tonight to tell you what time tomorrow. It will probably be at 8 am." HOLY crap that's early. But whatever I guess. (no I didn't tell her that, but I wanted to).


So I hang up. My mind is foggy and I'm still so very tired and actually nauseous. I don't feel well. (lack of sleep will do that to you eh?) I tell Jay, a nurse isn't coming today. He's like "really? as if". I call my mom to tell her and she's kinda mad at that also. She said "if you feel a lot of pain or anything, please go to emerg and I'll come over and babysit". I was a little worried so when I hung up with my mom, I call VON again.


The ever so professional girl answers and I tell her who I am. She immediately says "oh I'll pass you to the nurse again". (really, can't that nurse just come over NOW and do it?) So the nurse comes on and I tell her my worries about having this "whatever it is up me and if it's safe to keep it in for longer." She assures me it should be OK. (should be? I want a FOR SURE IT'S OK). SO,  that call was a waste of time. I guess I have to wait until tomorrow...


Now Jason usually goes to the new house on Saturdays by 9 am. It's now like 10 am after my wonderful nurse conversations. I guess I've only been up for 15 mins. I asked him why he's still home. He said that he can't bring Annabelle with him (Arielle is going with him today) and he didn't want to wake me up. What a sweet hubby I have on my hands. So by 10:20 am, he's left the house with Arielle.


So there I sat, alone with Belle and 3 doggies (I'm babysitting a friends doggie for a week while their away).  Belle is wearing a bib while eating some arrowroot cookies and running back and forth from the playroom to the family room where I'm sitting, in pain, contemplating taking something for it. 



So Jay comes home at noon for lunch with Arielle. He picks up McDonald's for me (blech I know) and Wendy's for Arielle and himself. (Belle nibbles a bit on fries but she really doesn't like fast food).

I am in a lot of pain right now. I call my mom to see if Jay can bring her Belle so I can go lay down after I put Arielle to bed. She agrees (thank god).

Here is a picture that Jay took on the way to my mom's with Anna.

It's not even that I'm really tired. I am just in pain (with reason I guess) and kinda annoyed. Annoyed at 2 things.

1. Nurse never came today to check things out
2. I can't just got out and about and do something with my girls on a Saturday

So, this is the best that my day is going to get. Time to throw myself a pity party. A pity party of 3. (me, myself and I)

For the last few days, while I've been "outta commission", Arielle has been so sweet and so helpful. So with it being only her and I at home, I decided that she can skip her nap and watch a movie in my bed while I nap. I put on a movie and I take a quick shower to freshen up. I hop into bed with her and doze off.

Not sure how long after (an hour or 2 after) she says to me "can I go play". Of course you can. She goes downstairs and grabs a Dr kit. She wants to be my Dr. In between her checking me in different areas, i go in and out of sleep. Gosh I'm tired now. SO SO tired.

By 5:30pm she asks me "maman, when you going to get out of bed?" So I come downstairs with her. I notice my phone flashing and quite a few new callers and voice mails. I check my voice mails.  My nurse has called me for tomorrow morning. She said "I am nurse so and so and I'll be coming to your house between 9:30am and 10:00am.". She also said the first time takes a while because she needs a history.  A history of what?? Everything should be clear on what was done there? Oh well, at least someone is coming.

I am in more pain this evening and I haven't taken any pain meds---yet. I guess some Tylenol extra strength will be ingested by me soon.

Shortly after I check messages, Jason gets home with Belle. Time for the girls to have their baths and I realize, I haven't fed Arielle dinner. Guess my kid needs to eat. HA!

I recently bought Annabelle a home made monkey, in the hopes that she becomes attached to something while she's in her crib. It's so cute and I love the colors. Jason picked it up for me today and when Belle got home, she came right to me to show me it.

Now whether or not she will be attached to something is another story!!!

Well, I'm going to sign off for today. My blog is probably all over the place with today's entry but I am so tired (I know I keep repeating myself eh?) and I'd like to take it easy with Jason tonight. For someone who loves to talk, I'm in no mood for talking tonight. So let this be a silent night for me :)

Until we meet again my friends. And thank you for your kind notes and support on this blogging journey xo

4 comments:

momma2onek said...

I hope that you get some rest tonight..

momma2onek said...

so i made a comment before but it didnt turn up.. If VON was told (Dr. orders) to be there every day that have to be there.. it's not your fault they don't have enough nurses. if you were a cancer patient needing meds(pick change or something) they would have to show up.. so just because its a packing they have to be there.. I know when I had paramed dr orders they had to be 2 to times a week they made sure they were here.. it didnt matter how busy they were they made time for me. even tho my situation wasn't as serious as other patients she had. I would be make a huge complaint to their boss.. doesnt matter is its a small cut or someone needing their dishes done . A order is a order and there is a reason that it was done... I hope that you get some sleep tonight and that you are not in too much pain...maybe there is a reason why you are in pain because some nurse didnt show up to fix the packing..argg..

Anonymous said...

ughh very frustrating! I hope it isn't to painful for you tomorrow.. When my c-section got infected after having Sammy I had a home health nurse come twice a day to un-pack and repack the wound for 7 weeks.. if that is what they are doing.. take one of the pain pills they gave you about 30 minutes before they come.. you wont regret it... I had an exposed nerve in my incision and it was quite painful to get the dressing changed.. not saying that to scare you.. just help you if thats what they are doing!

Erin said...

Hope you are recovering slowly but surely. I have been blogging for about 2 1/2 years and I LOVE it. Such good therapy and addicting in a great way :) Love your posts, so real, funny and whitty :)

Post a Comment