This is ME, take it or leave it...

Friday, April 08, 2011

I'm ALIVE


So please bare with me, this is all new to me and I'm just getting started... :)
My strong point in life is my memory. I can remember my whole life pretty much in details. But I won't start up my new blog with my life story. But I will be dipping into my past for a bit so I can explain why in the world I had to have this mind boggling surgery! Even my nurses don't understand where my cut is or what the heck happened lol


It all started when I was born in 1977. Haha ok joke! It doesn't have to be THAT far back! 6 months prior to getting prego (aprox dec 2008) with Belle I remember sitting on the floor of ari's room taking her monthly pictures. I moved a certain way and felt a "lump" down there. I thought nothing of it. Thought maybe it was fat tissue lol. Through the next few months if I was sitting on the floor or on a hard chair/bench I would feel this "lump". I asked Jay to look but he could see nothing.

June 2009 comes and I'm prego with Annabelle. That fall I'm spotting (I'm 23 ish weeks preg). So when my obgyn checks me he said "oh do u feel this lump?" I said "as a matter of fact I do, and its been 6 months ish" (yes I did say ish...its my fav word). He said well we will keep an eye on it but while preg we won't do anything about it now. FAIR enough!

Fast forward to Dec 13th 2010. My obyn said "OK this needs to be dealt with now I'm going to do surgery and I will let u know in advanced when".

April fools day eve I get a call. "Rachelle Petitclerc?". "Yes speaking"! "This is so and so and u have surgery in one week". "WHAT"? I'm like "this is an early April fools joke eh?

April fools day is my pre-admissions. When the blood lady does blood work and asks me my name I said "Chantal smith". Haha. She looked at me like "u serious"? I acted like "what I do"? I had to play a joke on this day!

SO here we are. April 7th and about to go for surgery. My mom has Belle at our house and Jay is taking Ari to gymnastics and out for lunch. My dad is taking me for surgery. Thank god for amazing support.

After many questions and answers I'm being taken to the OR. My obgyn comes in and says. "Rrrrrooocchheeellle" (he's always called me like that hehe). He then said "I've missed u". I said "no baby this time tho". He said with your history I'd rather keep you in for at least one night". "WHAT?" I say! OK. He knows what's best.

As they put a HUGE mask on my face, the CODE red goes off. There's the fire alarm. Great. It lasted 20 ish mins. With fire trucks and all. Apparently they burned burgers. Lol good old hospital food eh?
We then hear "code red clear". Shit that means I'm about to be put under". I told the anesthesiologist that I will try to fight going under. He said "that's a battle I always win. And I don't win many battles with woman". Haha. I remember him saying I may feel burning where my IV is. Then I said "oh this oxygen is starting to smell funny". And poof! Out like a light.

Bla, bla, bla after that. I'm in my room. At 6:50pm the nurse offers me 2 percs. I'm like "yikes I'll only have one". Shortly after that my man and 2 babies visit their mama. Ari was so excited to see me. Belle? Not so much. She didn't even want me touching her. She didn't like where I was :( but she did blow me a kiss.

As the evening went on I was high. Not used to that. I've never done illegal drugs before so having legal drugs was great lol. A few friends and I texted and BB messaged all the while feeling like a kite (assuming this is what a kite feels like) and playing angry birds. OH and taking phone calls in my room.

Oh I forgot the best part lol. So in the middle of night at like 2am I must of dozed off for like a milli-second. I got outta bed and wondered down the hall like I was home lol. The burse said "everything ok?" I said (hahahahahahah I'm laughing as I'm writing this) "maman, how come you slept over". LOL. The nurse chuckled and said "ok let's get u to bed". Only to realize my bare ass hanging out of my unattached gown (remember they tie at the back). Pretty sight? Maybe if Jay was here. Not so much for the others hahahahah.

@ 11pm my wonderful nurse brought me 2 percs. I laid in bed (with a few pee breaks) contemplating my thoughts. But actually what kept me up for those 4 ish hours was the older woman who has to pee every 20 mins. (For real-not exaggerating). She had to call the nurse every time to pee. And when the bathroom door opens it hits my bed, only to startle me (but I do not blame the woman for peeing or needing help). What it makes me see is that I totally Belle waking up only 2 times a night as opposed to an elderly lady every 20 min's. My nurse kept apologizing to me. At 3:38am she gave me a gravol to see if it would help me sleep. NOPE. At 4:38am I had a lot of pain so in comes 2 more percs. I talked so much to my night nurse, that I even told her how my hubby was going to make me nachos when I get out. I talked so much to her (i'm sure the meds had a lot to do with that) that she was ready to come over for some nachos LOL. I was treated like gold for 2 days there, and it was great. I love our new hospital and it seems like all new staff...although i'm sure not everyone is new.appreciate ..!!!

Once I talked my nurses ear off, this is when I decided to blog. YES, at 4:38am.  Why not? I love to talk and I love to entertain and make people laugh. A friend recently said to me "I love your attitude and I love how open and easy going you are. Your real and that's what I love about u. No matter if its a great friend, acquaintance or stranger your there if someone needs you". Great compliment. But of course I'm flawed in many ways. I worry A LOT, and not only health wise. I worry what people think of me. Am I too loud? Am I too fat? Am I annoying? And the reason I worry about certain things when it comes to people is cause I find that sometimes I feel shafted and like certain people call IF they need something or like I'm their last resort like "oh no one else will (insert whatever here) but rachelle will. I've been hurt by people in my life and I'm very forgiving, but I never EVER forget. If someone close to me lies (and I know for a matter of fact its a lie) I often just ignore it cause I know the truth and what's the point of starting drama? Often certain people think they know me and pass judgment or even make negative remarks about me or what not (in front AND behind my back-and that always gets back to me some way or another and tho that hurts I've got to stop that kind of shizzit getting to me. Life is short and I'm done being second to certain things/people. (I don't by any means think I should be first with everything. I'm not that way. I think u know what I mean.) When certain people make u feel inferior and facebook is a good example. If u don't like me or anyone else posting a lot of things then the delete button is available :). Even if a person who wasn't the kindest to me, and they were in trouble I'd be there. Its who I am and I won't change. I love to laugh and I love even more to make people laugh. I have a friend who I don't see often due to our busy lives but when we do meet, its like we haven't lost touch. That's a true friend. No matter how busy we are, were there NO matter what.

So this is my first entry and it feels great to just "talk". I'm going to try hard to blog every day or every other day. And for my friends who have been there for me lately through everything, I love u and thanks for the support. Even an email goes a long way for me. No need to be in person to know who ur real friends are!



Rock hard swiss steak
Rubber Eggs
Basil Asiago ravioli-kinda yummy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Rachelle :) I had NO idea about this lump business and you being in the hospital (despite my mass amounts of time spent on FB, I tend to miss my home page feed!). I hope it turns out to be no big deal! Keep us posted and keep bloggin! :)

Christine

BlessedMumma said...

I LOVE your thoughts on the delete button. And I love the delete button itself. Haha. You are loved. Hugz. xo

Unknown said...

Love it!!! you are the only one I hear about from my family so I will keep reading your blog, I will check from time to time if you have written, I put it in my favorite. You are a sweetheart and your matante here loves you very much, keep up the good work and take care, you have such a lovely family!

Anonymous said...

Great first post Rachelle! I so enjoyed getting to know you better through reading it! I am sorry to hear about the surgery I have been so out of the loop lately but glad you are feeling pretty good! Will they be testing it to see what it was? I will be praying for a speedy recovery!! XOXO

Melissa said...

Loved it.... thanks for sharing!!!

Post a Comment